In Nintex Workflow, when user save a Nintex email notification actions with AD group in the “To” field , instead of getting a readable group name, there is something like that : c:0+.w|s-1-5-21-2108762092-1276444594-4162494950-47659 which corresponds to group name in claims format.
Method 1: Update Email Address under “External email address section “
- Click on the Search button in the “To” field.
- Add the email address under the “External email address section “
- Then click “Add” and OK.
Method 2: This is a workaround approach in case Method 1 fails
- · Grab a Regular Expression action to chop off the "c:0+.w|"
- · Select the Replace text operation
- · Replace the claims token and pipe delimiter with an empty string
- · Save the result into a workflow variable called YourGroupSIDVariable
- · Grab a Query LDAP action
- · Drop in the LDAP query below
- · Add sAMAccountName to the list of properties to retrieve from Active Directory
- · Save the sAMAccountName to a workflow variable. This should give you the friendly name of the group.
- · The LDAP query to use in the Query LDAP action is: